Home Research Objects Objects from the former Ling Long Museum, 1930s

Objects from the former Ling Long Museum, 1930s

E-mail Print PDF

The Ling Long Museum was a privately owned tourist attraction on Wentworth Avenue from 1933 through the early 1980s.  Its founders evidently hoped to pull in visitors from the nearby 1933-34 World's Fair. The interior has become a restaurant.  The painting depicts the Buddhist goddess Guanyin and may now be lost. 

The Chinese-American Museum of Chicago has one surviving mini-diorama from the Ling Long Museum, which has been restored and is on permanent display.   

Ling Long Interior