Provides general office support with a variety of clerical activities and related tasks. The receptionist will be responsible for answering incoming calls, light data entry, as well as additional clerical duties. Bi-lingual required - Mandarin Chinese and English.
• Answers telephone and directs the caller to the appropriate associate.
• Greets visitors to the museum.
• Provides callers with information such as museum address, directions to the location, fax numbers, website and other related information.
• Enter information into databases and/or spreadsheets.
• Generates letters and mailings.
• Schedule group tours/visits.
• Assists with other related clerical duties such as photocopying, faxing, filing and collating.
• Communication Proficiency.
• Collaboration Skills.
• Customer/Client Focus.
• Organization Skills.
• Technical Capacity.
• Bilingual - Chinese is required. Must be fluent in Mandarin. Written Chinese and spoken Cantonese aÂÂ plus.
POSITION TYPE & EXPECTED HOURS OF WORK
This is a part-time position. Days and hours of work are Tuesday through Thursday, 9:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m.; Saturday and Sunday 10:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
REQUIRED EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
• High school diploma or general education degree/equivalency; Associate Degree in Business or related area desired
• One year of administrative experience.
• Microsoft Office experience
• Excellent phone skills and customer service skills
INDUSTRY: Nonprofit Organization Management
EXPERIENCE: Entry level
JOB FUNCTION: Administrative
Send resume and cover letter to:
Chinese-American Museum of Chicago
Raymond B. & Jean T. Lee Center
238 W. 23rd Street
Chicago, IL 60616
No telephone calls.