CAMOC Reopens 7/1/2020
Dear CAMOC community,
Since The City of Chicago entered Phase 4: Gradually Resume of the state’s reopening plan. Chinese American Museum of Chicago will cautiously reopen to the public on July 1st, 2020.
CAMOC will follow the strict safety guidelines established by the City and health officials to ensure the health of our visitors and employees. We take great pride in practicing and enforcing best practices including:
- Face coverings are required at all times by employees, volunteers and guests over 2 years old
- Visual signage posted throughout galleries regarding hygiene, 6ft social distancing, proper PPE and more
- Limit capacity to 25% for all indoor spaces exhibits. Limit groups in attendance to no more than 50 individuals
- Following one way visiting system to minimize physical contact
- Doors remain open to increase ventilation, where appropriate
- Constant cleaning and sanitizing of work surfaces, high touch points, galleries and facilities
- Checking temperature of all staff and volunteers entering our building
- Providing PPE to staff such as gloves, face masks, face shields, and hand sanitizers
- Reservations are required for groups, and special arrangements may be applied in order to limit capacity and support social distancing
CAMOC has self-certified with the City of Chicago to follow safety guidelines in reopening. We hope to create a safe environment for everyone in order to continue to serve our community.
New Museum Hours (7/1-7/31/2020)
|11am to 3pm||Closed||10am to 1pm||10am to 1pm||10am to 1pm||10am to 1pm||11am to 3pm|
New Museum Hours:
Tue-Fri: 10 am to 1 pm,
Sat-Sun: 11 am to 3 pm
Closed Mondays, Thanksgiving Day, December 25
Suggested Donation: $5
Student and Senior: $3
Museum Member: FREE
Take the CTA Red Line to the Cermak/Chinatown stop. The Museum is about a quarter mile walk from the train stop. There are also several CTA buses convenient to the Museum. Please check with www.transitchicago.com for route and schedule information.
By car, from the north:
Take Lake Shore Drive south to Roosevelt Road, turn right (W) on Roosevelt to State Street, turn left (S) on State to Archer Avenue, turn right (SW) on Archer to Wentworth, turn left (S) on Wentworth to 23rd Street; turn right on 23rd to the Museum.
By car, from the northwest:
Take I-90/I-94 (Kennedy/Edens) South to exit 52C towards 18th Street, turn left (E) on 18th to Canal Street, turn right (S) on Canal to Cermak Road, turn left (E) on Cermak to Princeton Avenue, turn right (S) on Princeton to 23rd Street; turn left (E) on 23rd to the Museum.
By car, from the west:
Take I-290 (Eisenhower) East to the I-90/I-94 East exit towards Indiana. Take I-90/I-94 (Kennedy/Edens) South to exit 52C towards 18th Street, turn left (E) on 18th to Canal Street, turn right (S) on Canal to Cermak Road, turn left (E) on Cermak to Princeton Avenue, turn right (S) on Princeton to 23rd Street; turn left (E) on 23rd to the Museum.
By car, from the southwest:
Take I-55 (Stevenson) north to exit 293A toward Cermak Road/Chinatown. Turn left (W) on Cermak and turn left again (S) almost immediately on Wentworth; turn right on 23rd Street to Museum.
By car, from the south:
Take I-90/I-94 (Dan Ryan) west to exit 54 toward 31st Street, merge on to LaSalle Street, which merges into Wentworth Avenue. Take Wentworth Avenue north to 23rd Street; turn left (W) to Museum.
Thank you for considering the Museum for a group visit.
Click the Tour Reservation Form below to download our School/Group Reservation form. Please fill out the form, save your document and email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Thank you and we look forward to seeing your group.